Thursday, November 13, 2008

P'Nut's Name on the "Outside"

I should say a huge Thank You to Renate and Walt who generously paid for a private room at Lenox Hill. It meant that I could crash in the room with my wonderful wife and new born child. What an amazing night. I probably wouldn't have slept except that I was so exhausted -- physically, emotionally -- that I was unconscious within minutes of lying down. But it was so great to wake up with the family!

Name deliberations continued later that day with a new urgency since I had to file a thick sheaf of paper work (death and taxes, death and taxes). It was up in the air until the last second.

Later, I went home to feed the cat, take a shower and send this e-mail:

Dear Friends,
Finnegan Lucas Proctor was born on November 2, 2008 at 5:44 PM at Lenox Hill Hospital. He weighs 7 pounds 13 ounces and is in perfect health, as is his mother. Veronica's labor began at 4 a.m. on Sunday and she endured magnificently. Picture attached. We are staying at the hospital again tonight and look forward to being home sometime tomorrow. As I am sure you can imagine, we are tremendously excited and a little overwhelmed, so your patience is greatly appreciated if we don't call or write back right away.
Yrs,
Andrew, Veronica, & Finnegan


Here's the picture I attached:


No comments: